Ragging is a criminal offence. Ragging is strictly prohibited by both State Govt. and Central Govt. Punishment for ragging will be as follows:
- Imprisonment up to three years and fine of Rs.50,000/-
- Dismissal from the college
- To prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student.
- To monitor, direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
- To be vigilant at all hours all around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- To make surprise raids on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for ragging.
- To conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the faculty or student or parent or guardian, as the case may be: and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution for action.
- To ensure the display of posters on Institution and Department Notice Boards and other prominent designated places.
- To offer services of counseling and create awareness to the students.
NPSBCET is one of the best institutes in India which aims at achieving both student discipline and academic excellence. Our College maintains a healthy and congenial academic environment for the students. The institution offers protection to the new entrants from the menace of ragging. In this regard our College has constituted an Anti-Ragging Cell. The cell is headed by Dr.T.SARAVANAN, principal, along with seven other committee members comprising of senior faculties and hostel wardens. Anti-Ragging Squad members and Anti Ragging Bus Incharge have been deputed from all departments to monitor students’ discipline both inside the campus and on board. In order to maintain the discipline among boys and girls’ hostels, ARC Hostel Incharge have been allotted.